4.29.2014

(review) Avoiding Alpha by Aileen Erin

Avoiding Alpha by Aileen Erin
Series: Alpha Girl #2
Release date: May 13th 2014
Publisher: Ink Monster, LLC
Source: netgalley

Avoiding Alpha (Alpha Girl #2)
Seventeen-year-old Tessa McCaide has come a long way since her abrupt entrance into the world of werewolves, but she still has a way to go before she’s comfortable with going full-wolf. So, she’s avoiding thinking about it any way she can. Thankfully her hot mate, Dastien Larent, is proving to be quite the distraction.

But when she finds her suitemate getting sick in their bathroom, she knows something’s majorly wrong. The curse on Meredith that suppresses her wolf is slowly killing her, and Tessa can’t sit idly by while her best friend wastes away. Going against her pack Alpha, Mr. Dawson, by playing with magic she doesn’t fully understand might not be her smartest move, but Tessa has never been one to follow the rules. She’ll break every one if it’ll give her a chance at saving Meredith. But can she save her friend without losing more of herself?
O M G. This is probably the fastest read this year. Not because of its pages (which is not that many), but because this book is a major page turner. I mean, I finish this in like... a few hours! I am overwhelmed with so many emotions!

There's no gap in here, we are directly thrown into a conflict by the time we started this book. Tessa and her super-hot-werewolf-boyfriend Dastien is going to strengthen their mate bond in a few days, which meant they are almost likely to be married then. This is a big thing for Tessa, and as if the whole 'mate thing' and 'getting used to with the wolf life' is not enough stress, Meredith, a friend of Tessa was getting worse. She was cursed by the evil witch and was not able to shift, and now she's dying. And of course, Tessa couldn't let anything happen to her friend.

There is no word to describe how much I love everything about this book. Tessa is awesome. Yes, she's not bad-ass in the fighting department but she is bad-ass in the saving-your-friend's-life department. She had this super strong will that even I admire her. And did I mention that I love Tiesto? cool taste, girl. And then there he is, the hottest and the sweetest male werewolf ever, Dastien. God, I love for his sweet talks. Not to mention that he is just as awesome as Tessa in the music taste department (I'm saying 'department' a lot, am I? whatever). He's perfect I tell you. Perfect. The other characters in this book is just as awesome (totally approve of the nickname for Dastien, Meredith). God! I'm overwhelmed.

The writing style is also fab by the way. I mean it when I say I love everything about this book. I actually prefer the first book, I thought this one could do a bit more action, but I still love this book nevertheless. Totally. Recommended.

Rating:
5 EYES OPEN (5/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!