5.27.2017

[Review] Into Your Arms by Chelsea M. Cameron

Into Your Arms
By Chelsea M. Cameron
Published: May 30th 2017

Freya has secrets she doesn’t intend to share. Not with her new friends on the cheerleading squad at Maine State University, and certainly not with sexy lumberjack-look-alike Rhett. Just because sparks flew between them at a bar one night doesn’t mean he gets to know why she transferred to MSU. When Freya dares Rhett to come to cheerleading practice, she never expects to see the dark-haired lumberjack again.

Except Rhett is the last person to turn down a dare, especially when it comes from a pixie-sized blonde. When Rhett wows the squad and becomes Freya’s stunt partner, his hands come far too close for comfort. But as Freya and Rhett’s hot post-practice sessions bring them closer, she risks her secrets being revealed. Can Freya chance exposing who she really is to the guy who wasn’t supposed to win her heart?

I recieved an arc of this book in exchange of an honest review.
A book that doesn’t involve a common outsider or nerd heroine? colour me intrigued.

I’m quite conflicted about how I feel about this book. It was enjoyable for sure, but I just can’t help noticing a few annoying points here and there. Every time the author revealed a new fact about the Hero, you’ll find me rolling my eyes. I mean come on, Rhett is this lumbersexual hottie who prefers being in a relationship rather than sleeping around AND also works with children in the campus’ day care. Oh and not to mention he read classics and cooks too. I don’t know about you, but I think Rhett sounds like nothing but a figment of a female’s fantasy boyfriend. Too perfect to be true. (But if you are, call me ;))

Contrary to what most people think about the heroine, Freya (love the name by the way), I don’t mind her ’extra’-ness that much. What I minded a lot though, is that this so called ‘secret’ that she made a huge deal out of turns out to be nothing at all. That alone sheds a couple of stars out of my rating.

Overall, I guess the book was okay, I still enjoyed it at least. Despite my negative comments above, this book is not so bad.

Rating


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!